Friday, November 12, 2010

Opinion: PDA




Usually I take things off the internet and give my opinion, tonight, I am going to mic=x it up and just give it to ya straight ( but not in public)

Public Displays of Affection: Don't like them. Most sane people do not enjoy watching PDA. And if you do then read the "sane people" part over again. I am highly against PDA. So much so, that if I ever ran fr President it would be part of my platform to make PDA illegal. Sounds harsh, but I am dead serious.

You want to hold hands, fine. You want to steal a small peck, fine. You want to grope eachother in isle 7, NOT FINE!. Come on, there is no need for everyone to know what you are feeling below the belt. We get it! You want some action, well grab that KY and wait till you get home. I promise you will live!

The other day I was on the bus, minding my own business. Some couple, probably mid-twenties, sits across from me. They are just sitting and talking. Ten minutes later they are have a make-out session right before my very eyes. I glance at the small child sitting my left and wonder what he is thinking-can't be any better than what I am. Have they no courtesy?

PDA is probably one of my biggest pet peeves. Sometimes when I meet new people I feel like saying "Hey, my name is Daniella, I don't like PDA" just so they get it.

If you agree with me, then thank you. If not, well there is not much I can do other then tell you other then close your eyes and picture two people vigorously groping each other while you are trying to eat your tuna sandwich. Now try to keep that down.

I have one thing left to say. Get a room!!

Ciao for now,
D

5 comments:

  1. Ok, I can adhere to that premise,however, what if you had a very passionate boyfriend who you love to death and he's into expressing it, regardless of the place or time?. He might have a point of contention. Besides, trying to use sweet persuasion to have him desist, how far are you willing to go to achieve it?
    Now if he drools and slobbers I can see there's a problem. As a second thought, have you considered the fact that perhaps you are a tad jealous?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He can wait. He can hold her hand, acknowledge her, compliment her, but they don't need to grope each other in public. The last thing everyone needs to see on the morning train are couples going out it.
    Decorum, my friends, decorum.

    No, that's not it. When I see couples holding hands walking down the street I think it is cute or when they steel a kiss. But when it almost at the point of tearing off one another's clothing, it is too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. It's not jealousy at all. Making out passionately has a time and a place... public transportation, Aisle 7, and Church are not the places you should partake in this activity.

    Maybe it's some insecurity on their end. Who knows.

    ReplyDelete